A number of historic commercial buildings located in Muharraq’s traditional market area form part of the heritage site and its narrative.
Siyadi Shops is a series of shops and storehouses (‘amarat) built from 1860. The buildings have been in continuous use by the Siyadi family ever since, and complete the narrative of the grand pearl merchant . Although not as remunerative as pearls, selling goods such as dates, rice, sugar, tea and coffee was the day-to-day business of grand merchants.
A: Tujjar Avenue, Suq Alqaysereyah, Block 215 | B: Suq Alqaysereyah, Block 215
Coming soon for mobile...