A number of historic commercial buildings located in Muharraq’s traditional market area form part of the heritage site and its narrative.
A group of three ‘amarat of the Fakhro family, originally a boat and timber trader family, is found immediately to the west of the Siyadi Shops. Of these, the two northern ‘amarat were initially owned by Ali Rashid Fakhro.
‘Amarat Ali Rashid (II) is the most intact of the historic ‘amarat and the only one in the market area still used by merchants in its traditional function of storing trade goods.
1524, 1506, 1496, 1494, 1490, 1502, 1504, Road 1551, Block 215
Coming soon for mobile...